History of the Society
Established in 1978, the Sargeant Bay Society (SBS) began its work to support, enhance and protect the ecologically sensitive habitats found within Sargeant Bay, its watershed and neighbouring wetlands.
When Sargeant Bay became a Provincial Park in 1990, it was 57 ha in size. In 1997 the park expanded to 142 ha. In 2012, the SBS became stewards of the wetlands and watersheds within Halfmoon Bay, including Smuggler Cove Marine Park, 16 km west of Sechelt, British Columbia.
For more information on the history of the SBS, click on
Meet the Board
The Sargeant Bay Society is led by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Directors along with members of the Society support our Mission by participating in projects and activities aimed at enhancing Sargeant Bay and protecting the flora and fauna within its surrounding habitat.
- Amphibians of the Sunshine Coast www.rainfrog.ca
- BCEN – British Columbia Environmental Network www.ecobc.org
- BC Nature www.bcnature.ca
- BC Parks www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks
- BC Spaces for Nature www.spacesfornature.org
- CPAWS – Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society www.cpaws.org
- FOC – Friends of Caren www.user.dccnet.com – welcome woods
- Georgia Strait Alliance www.georgiastrait.org
- Pender Harbour Wildlife Society www.penderharbourwildlife.com
- Ruby Lake Lagoon Society www.lagoonsociety.com
- SCCA – Sunshine Coast Conservation Association www.thescca.ca
- Sunshine Coast Natural History Society www.sites.google.com/site/naturalhistorysoc/home
- Sunshine Coast Trails Society www.sctrails.ca
- Sechelt Groves Society www.secheltgroves.com